Advanced Detailing 201
Waxit Car Care- SKU:
The first session will be held on the 21/4/2020, and the second session will commence on the 12/05/2020. The courses will start at 9.00am at Concours Detailing Centre (2/27 Moore Road, Airport West, 3042).
CDC is just a seven-minute drive from Melbourne airport!
- Cost: $250 (All attendants will also receive a $50 Online Gift Card upon the completion of the course)
- Duration: This course is delivered over approximately 4-5 hours
- Class Size: Maximum of 4 students
Who Should Attend?
This course is aimed at individuals who have previously completed “Introduction to Detailing 101” or already have a good understanding and skill level of the products, equipment, and methods used in automotive detailing but wish to further that knowledge and skillset - delving into more specific and demanding areas of detailing.
A course designed for the enthusiast and professional detailers alike, that builds on fundamentals learned from Introduction to Detailing 101.
The Purpose of this Class
Most car owners generally feel comfortable about giving their vehicle a maintenance wash. However, when it comes to giving those grimy door jambs a proper clean or even worse still a filthy engine bay, many people tend to shy away with a lot of uncertainty and apprehension. If you’ve ever wanted to know how detailing professionals tackle these tricky areas of automotive detailing as well as methods like removing car wheels to deep clean your rims and inner wheel arch wells for the best possible results, then Advanced Detailing 201 may be the perfect class for you. With a strong emphasis on achieving professional grade results, this class also delves further into correctly and efficiently preparing a vehicle for paint correction and or paint protection.
Our Teaching Objective
Advanced Detailing 201 aims to expose participants to the highest standard of detailing surface preparation with an emphasis on working safely but efficiently in a professional environment. A focus will be placed on using various professional grade tools, equipment, and products to both increase productivity and render higher standards of finished results. Students will also be exposed to the situational based circumstances that all detailers are faced with every day and guided through different scenarios to build their skill set in addressing various vehicles and levels of detailing in the future.
This course is delivered in several primary modules consisting of Tyres, Rims and Wheel Wells, Engine Bay Cleaning and Dressing, Door Jambs, Intensive Washing and Surface Decontamination, and Trims. Each module of this course will contain several parts and activities in which participants are expected to participate in and ask questions.
Learning Objectives and Activities
- Understanding the specific products, equipment and methods used to safely and effectively detail car rims and wheel wells
- Learning the various methods and products used for cleaning and protecting car engine bays safely
- Assessing and determining how to best address, clean and restore door jambs in various states
- Learning more intensive car wash and advanced surface preparation techniques
- Gaining knowledge and practicing how to clean and prepare automotive trims
- Understanding the appropriateness of products and methods in each specific case
- Understanding the specific materials, surfaces, and areas of a vehicle in relation to detailing
- Learning to assess specific areas of a vehicle to determine how to best address them
- Understanding the importance of quality work and results associated with more advanced detailing
- Understanding the balance of working safely yet effectively
- Please notify us at least 14 days prior to the course date if you wish to reschedule or cancel. If you are unable to give us 14 days notice, we won't be able to issue a refund.