What is a waterless car wash?A waterless car wash is a method of washing your car that eliminates the use of running water and wash buckets. It instead utilizes specific diluted waterless wash cleaning solutions which act as a cleaning and lubrication aids when sprayed directly on to a vehicle's panels and wiped off/buffed with multiple microfibre cloths.
Why are waterless car washes important?
Due to water restrictions in some areas, many car owners are not allowed to use running water at their residence to wash their car. This can disrupt and restrict their wash process significantly. Using a quality waterless car wash product allows you to still get amazing results without needing any running water.
Beyond this, waterless car wash products are generally safer and more affordable than using either a third party car wash or an automatic/self-service car wash facility which are notorious for leaving swirls and scratches on car paint.
Benefits of waterless car washes:
- Requires use of minimal amounts of liquid, which decreases the chance of rust developing because of water entering, sitting on and eroding metal panels over time
- They are far more eco-friendly, as they use far less water than a regular wash process, and they do not cause detergents and grime to wash into drains and natural water supplies
- A waterless car wash can be performed in or outdoors with minimal mess compared to a regular washing process
- They are more affordable than a regular wash process because you don't purchase wash buckets, pressure washes, etc.
How to use a waterless car wash:
When using a waterless carwash, we recommend that you don't use this on a vehicle with excess caked-on dirt and grime without rinsing thoroughly first.
- Ensure your vehicle is out of direct sunlight and that the vehicle's panels are a cool temperature
- Always follow the manufacturer's recommendations, and mix your waterless wash product to the correct dilution ratio in a spray or pump action bottle
- Spray a generous amount on to the vehicle's panel, ensuring the panel is evenly coated with the spray
- Use single swipes with your first microfibre cloth with minimal pressure in one direction at a time
- Turn your microfibre cloth to a clean side for each additional swipe until you've lifted all of the dirt/grime from the entire panel section
- Finally, use another clean microfibre cloth to buff the panel streak-free
- Work on one panel at a time in a top to bottom method around the vehicle for best results
- You may need a dozen or more cloths depending on the size of your vehicle to ensure that you are always wiping your panels with a clean cloth