Advanced Paint Correction 202 (12/2)
Waxit Car Care- SKU:
or make 4 interest-free payments of
fortnightly with More info
Held on the 12/2/2020 starting at 9.00am at Concours Detailing Centre (2/27 Moore Road, Airport West, 3042).
CDC is just a seven-minute drive from Melbourne airport!
- Cost: $350.00 (All attendants will also receive a $75 Online Gift Card upon the completion of the course)
- Duration: This course is delivered over approximately 5-6 hours
- Class Size: Maximum of 4 students
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at enthusiasts and professional detailers who have previously completed the Random Orbital Clinic 102 or already have a sound knowledge and skillset in the area of automotive paint correction but wish to advance both their knowledge and skills in the area of paint correction in a hands-on learning approach through proper guidance.
*Please note that this is an advanced class that assumes you have machine polished vehicles in the past, as the basics of machine polishing are not covered here but only in our Random Orbital Clinic 102. We also recommend that students who have just completed Random Orbital Clinic 102 don’t immediately enter this class, but rather further practice machine polishing on their own before entering this class as it will greatly benefit participants with at least some machine polishing experience of their own.
The Purpose of this Class
Learning to use a machine polisher has never been easier than it is today especially when using dual action polishers with a little proper guidance and practice, which is primarily how our Random Orbital Clinic 102 came about.
However, for the more serious enthusiast or budding professional detailer, Advanced Paint Correction 202 has been designed to allow participants to take their basic machine polishing skills to the next level and be shown what it truly means to produce high-end paint correction results.
In addition, the students will be guided through the many aspects of advanced paint correction including proper lighting, masking trims, measuring paint, assessing results and also be exposed to a wider range of machine polishers, pads and compounds.
Our Teaching Objective
We are here to aid the students in further building their knowledge and skillset exposing them to the advanced areas and techniques of paint correction as well as the more advanced products and equipment used in automotive paint correction today. Every person learns at different rates, so our small intimate classes that encourage questions and open learning are perfect to catering to individual progression and needs.
This course is delivered in several modules which include Paint Inspection, Preparation and Lighting, Masking trims, Machine Polishers, Compounds and Pads, Diverse Substrates, Glass and Intricate Areas. Each module of this course will contain several parts and activities in which participants are expected to participate in and ask questions.
Learning Objectives and Activities
- Understanding and learning how to sufficiently prepare a vehicle’s paint for correction
- Understanding the importance of lighting and how to correctly use it
- Understanding how to measure a vehicles paint thickness and how that effects the correction process
- Understanding the importance of masking trims and the proper techniques
- Understanding and learning about various machine polishers and their diverse applications
- Understanding the differences of various compounds, pads and their influence on the results
- Understanding more advanced methods and techniques used to achieve a higher level of paint correction
- Understanding the differences of vehicle paint types and substrates
- Understanding the many factors that influence paint correction
- Understanding how to read and assess results and the importance of quality control and consistency