CarPro Cquartz SiC Coating
The new innovative coating from CarPro, Sic takes Chemical resistance, slickness and gloss to the next level!
CarPro Sic is an innovative ceramic coating that brings your vehicle to new aesthetic and protective heights.
By applying Cquartz to your vehicle you are giving it a sacrificial semi-permanent glass layer now made with a durable Silicon Carbide that will give a gloss level that is unmatched by conventional polymer and organic wax-based protectants. CQuartz will not simply wash off like traditional paint sealants and will, in fact, resist harsh chemical based cleaners.
Because of the new developed low surface energy Sic formula, it is able to fill and level paint ridges which in turn gives the coating a "self cleaning effect" also known as the lotus effect.
This means the coating actively rejects bonding of contamination and when water is introduced to the surface it carries the contamination off with it, this is also aided by the 110 degree water drop angle of CQuartz.
Additionally, CQuartz Sic will help resist scratching and minor marring both from maintenance washing procedures and in general driving use. With additional thickness on top of the manufacturer's clear coat, Sic has the ability to both resist and absorb damage that commonly occurs to vehicle paintwork.
Note: Cquartz is a slower cure compared to its similar brother Cquartz UK. The coatings themselves are virtually identical, however their curing times differ as UK is a faster cure, and Cquartz is slower.
- Immense gloss, ultimate "wet look".
- Durability of years, not months
- Increased resistance to water spotting
- Increased resistance to all contaminants and traffic film
- Resistance to light scratching
For the best results, the surface must be prepared meticulously. All surfaces must be thoroughly washed, and decontaminated with iron removers/clay bars.
Any defects existing in the paintwork will be 'locked in' by the coating, therefore you will want to under go paint correction where necessary to ensure your car will look its best when protected.
- Ensure the car has been meticulously decontaminated (even if the car is new) with iron removers, and a clay bar & lubricant. You can combine both these steps with a clay lubricant called Nv PURIFY.
- Perform machine polishing if necessary. If you don't own a machine or compounds, a great kit for beginners is the Shine Mate 12mm Kit. You can prime the surface with a finishing polish specific for CQUARTZ, which is the CarPro Essence.
- Wipe the car down with CarPro Eraser before applying the coating.
- Take out the applicator block and a suede MF towel from the kit and pour 5-6 drops of CQuartz
- Apply to the surface area in a criss cross pattern in small sections, reapplying CQuartz to your applicator as necessary
- Allow curing time of around 5 minutes before wiping off. If it is hotter, the wipe off time will be less, and if it is colder it will be closer to 7-10.
- Wipe off and level the residue with a cloth such as Concourz BREEZE
- Once you have visibly removed all product residue from the surface, follow up a fresh suede towel from the kit in the same pattern you applied the product to ensure it's completely level and even
- Repeat process until entire vehicle exterior is coated.
- Additional coats may be applied with 45-60 minutes or wait until the following day if you are beyond 90 minutes. CarPro recommends 2 coats. You may apply additional coats if you wish.
- Reload is not necessary after application, however if you want to use it wait for the coating to fully cure.
- Do not apply in direct sun or on hot surface.
- Do not re-use 4" suede applicators.
- Wear hand protection.
- Apply in a well ventilated area